.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Read without any anticipation of laugher but seriously, then die laughing without missing the point or wisdom (?!..).

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Holiday Spread Countdown

Christmas is not as festive as in my hometown, especially during my growing up years, Anticipating the gifts under the christmas tree and treats inside your stockings.. the meals your loved ones prepared and relatives who drops by made the house more alive and the air- jolly. Now that we are all grown-up and married, my siblings and I do talk about those days and how we are .. where we are at now, checking everyone out... if you really are in a good place and happy.. You know, stuffs... like how you handled domestic chores, reminiscing.." those were tha days" kinda-things..like the last picture all of us where together was way back when our eldest sibling got married, how we love to eat yet dread to cook and tidy-ing up, the teasings and the rants... Christmas is the time when we all slow down and connect. So in one of our many conversation, the topic of my culinary skills was questioned. I learned that you can sautee just about anything in garlic, onions and tomato and if you know the taste.. you can replicate it somehow. I am no chef but i do learn to cook meals and that is pretty impressive esp. when you learn how clueless i was before.

At that time, I was oblivious of the fact that it is actually the 24th instead of 23.My hubby was rained by customer calls until midnight that i resigned to the fact that i shouldn't be wasting my effort preparing the meal... so my holiday spread will be featured one at a time --- Choy feast your eyes on this !

Chili Mud Crab - (Chong Pang Style - the resto where we usually eat this delectable artery-clogging meal)
Montreal Pan Steak with home made garlic-cheese mashed potato, buttered carrots and corn and coleslaw (KFC Style)...yes.. finally...
Pansit Bihon
Roasted Prime Ribs
Spaghetti with Italian Sausage Meatballs
Sotanghon
and Spring Roll